Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer Happenings #3

So this is how I thought I was going to spend the Saturday before my big birthday, golfing 18 holes at the Red Rock Country Club for free, thanks to my friend Michael. Well that didn't quite turn out that way because on hole number 14 he returned a call from his wife who was nine months pregnant to find out that her "water" broke.....so we drove off and rushed home, I was pretty excited for him and thought I should tell Becky............


Surprise!!!!!



She had gotten me and caught me off guard, and had invited a ton of friends over, we definitely had a full house and a great time celebrating and eating and playing Rockband.



And I got two cakes, I guess one for each fifteen years, luckily I didn't have to blow out thirty candles.



And since Kaelli and Michael lied they had to wait until the day their baby was due for her to make an appearance, too bad it wasn't a day earlier then in thirty years she would be celebrating the big 3-0 and I would be....dead :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Diana and Fam said...

Way to go Becky! I love it when surprises work out! Happy Birthday Mike! Hopefully you will get to go back and play all 18 holes.

jen and brody said...

Surprise! Goodbye! Sorry I had to leave right after the surprise. Oh well. It was a fun party while I was there.

I hope you are not dead in another 30 years. You will be a fun old man - hurry and have kids so you can be a grandpa in 30 years!!

Debbie said...

How dare Becky interrupt a golf game? Good thing she knew you will have plenty of golf days ahead of you you but only one 30 birthday party. You have a good wife and looks like you have been up to a lot of fun.