Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer Happenings #2



My coworkers talked me into trying the Blazin' Challenge at Buffalo Wild Wings, so one Friday to qualify we had to eat 12 Wings smothered in Blazin' Sauce. I had never tried to tempt fate by eating such a stomach turner and up to three weeks prior to this I didn't even dare go beyond Hot. Well I decided to see how well I could do and qualified in 2:15, not bad considering the grease was so hot that I ended up with a blister on my thumb. The competition was the very next day so I had to get my game face on quick, which almost didn't happen because signing the papers on the car took a long time. I was in heat number three and the first two times were 1:01 and 1:05 so I didn't really think that I had a chance. Thanks to my coworkers we got Johnny Cash singing "Ring of Fire" and them cheering me on I stood up a split second after the first guy did but he still had a mouthful of chicken and mine was empty so it was on to the finals in 1:09. Of course there was a few sodas to try and cool the fire around the lips. The Finals we had four of us that wanted to combine the prizes and split them up equally but the fifth guy was in it to win it, and so I embarqued on my third dozen of Blazin' Wings in 24 hours. I managed to get them down in about 0:58 which was good enough for third place, $100 in gift certificates to BWWs. I also managed to win one of the drawings for 6 wings a week for a year.....giddy up!

Here I am recapping the successful adventure afterwards, not really wanting to move, but having plenty to brag about.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Diana and Fam said...

Holy crap! My mouth is on fire just reading about it!