Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sometimes the news hits close to home

Las Vegas Review Journal

"SKY POINTE DRIVE

Man shot, killed in northwest LV store

A man was shot and killed Wednesday morning at a northwest Las Vegas convenience store.

Las Vegas police spokesman Bill Cassell said officers were called to the scene about 8 a.m. by people reporting shots fired in the Guru Express, 6698 Sky Pointe Drive, at Cimarron Road.

When officers arrived, they found the body of a man who had been shot, possibly multiple times, Cassell said.

The victim's name wasn't available.

Anybody with information on the crime is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 385-5555."

Luckily I wasn't buying a soda yesterday morning, I knew the fridge in my cubicle would be a good idea. It may have saved my life.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I will forever be grateful for the spirit that told you to go to work and not stop. Oh and thank goodness you listened! Sometimes we don't listen hard enough.