Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What have you done lately?

I saw this on my cousin's blog and since I wanted to kill fifteen minutes I stole it and used it too.

List of 99 things - Have you done . . . ?

1. Started your own blog (several times, thanks for reading)
2. Slept under the stars (hardly a better place to sleep)
3. Played in a band (does Rockband count?)
4. Visited Hawaii (can I buy a ticket now)
5. Watched a meteor shower (seen a couple without even planning on it)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland (time for a road trip)
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo

11. Bungee jumped (I jumped out of a boat once and my swimsuit got caught until it ripped does that count?)
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child

16. Had food poisoning (good times, good times)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables (we got two tomatoes off the plant on our condo balcony this summer)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (about time to do it again)
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping (of course, almost got caught a couple times too)

27. Run a Marathon (I’ve walked a 5K though)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (both in the same night, several times)

31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise (One of the best ways to vacation, can’t wait until December)

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person (Thanks Dad)
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (Unfortunately couldn’t list who)
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language (Did I really teach myself Russian?)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (If I can pay for lunch I’m happy)

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David (why does that sound dirty?)
41. Sung karaoke (Becky want to play singstar?
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant (I think it is the coolest thing to do, and just as cool to have it done for you)
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance (This should have been yes if my parents weren’t such speedy drivers)

47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain (but who am I to tell?)
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia (for two whole years)
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies (I’m counting bribing my wife to do a couple chores for a couple cookies as this one)
62. Gone whale watching (I know that there aren’t whales in Lake Mead, but I kept an eye out for them)
63. Got flowers for no reason (I just love my wife sometimes)

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma (I just donated blood yesterday, aren’t I special, and twice a week for most of college I “sold” my plasma for a little extra gas money, plus the girls were cute too.)
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp (Still not certain it was a concentration camp but from what I saw in Kaliningrad and the members we asked it was)
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy (anyone surprised that they are tractors?)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt

73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person (in seventh grade I got to see the north side with my mom and then the south side with my dad a week later, two separate trips)
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car (I buy used but they are always brand new to me, even the 1980 Ford I first bought when I was 16)
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper (most notably riding my bike through flood waters as a kid)
85. Read the entire Bible (okay I skipped a few of the “so and so begat so and so”
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous

92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake (floated)
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee

Copy this list and bold the things YOU have done. Then post it on your blog!

2 comments:

Mich said...

Wow, like 5 of my friends have already done this. I didn't know so many poeple were as bored as me! Who did you meet that was famous? Was it someone good? Please dont' say it was an Osmond.

Debbie said...

4. Hawaii is for 2010 Christmas so yes buy a ticket now but only if you have a ticket for this Christmas.
35. Amish - Didn't you see any while we were in Philadelphia? I feel like such a slacker!
58. By Martial Arts - you think we can count the wrestling class in La Sal? Boy was that a long long time ago.
74. We will have to take care of in December. It is a long day trip but maybe we can go gator hunting.
94. By the time I read this I thought for sure the one comment was from Mom saying you should do this one soon. Relieved to see the comment was from Michelle.
I love this! I love you.