Thursday, March 27, 2008

When little ones have to leave us

My cousin just lost her five year old son to Luekemia, it is sad when taking it all in, questions always arise as far as why a child would have to suffer such an untimely death. Matthew's was so quick, we found out he was sick Friday and he passed away on Saturday. I am glad that from this tragedy, those that are close to the situation will be able to find some strength in the events that have occured since last Friday. God does work in mysterious ways, yet even amongst the saddest or worst times we can find peace and comfort in the knowledge that he would not leave us alone and that something must be coming from each trial that we are given. Matthew, even though I didn't really get to know you, you are family and I love you, I also believe that now you are in heaven with some of the most caring people that I have known. Death has been a rarety in my life, and I consider myself very lucky for that but on the few occasions that it has entered I am very grateful for the emotions and strength given to me. To the Pritts I wish that you may continue onward, cherish the wonderful years that you had him here, and continue to look forward to the time that you are reunited on the other side. As I have learned from my Mom, it may not seem possible to do, but there are plenty of things that life gives when something like a child is taken away. May God bless you always.

2 comments:

triciarnorton said...

Wow Mike. Thanks for your words! I can't imagine losing Libby, but it is beautiful to know that Heavenly Father is watching over us.

Michael R. Pritt said...

Thank you Mike, we're doing fine after our loss and are grateful to people like you who lend their love and support.